Energy costs are the single largest expense for this Building. In an effort to reduce costs to all Tenants, we have an on-going program to identify and implement energy conservation projects. While the building is heated at all times during the heating season, a lower temperature is maintained in the evenings and on weekends. The lights in each tenant suite are controlled by individual switches, as well as occupancy sensors. The common area lighting is also controlled by occupancy sensors. In order to reduce operating costs, please turn off all the lights in your suite when you leave in the evening. The night cleaning staff, in cleaning your suite, will turn all lights off when done. Calculators, radios, computers, and coffee machines should also be turned off each evening. Every tenant will benefit from these simple measures to conserve energy.
As part of our participation in the New York State Grid Operator Demand Response Program, we are prepared to reduce our energy by reducing lighting levels in public areas, shutting down some elevators and fans, as well as other non-essential equipment during several Energy Curtailments held throughout severely out summer days.
As building occupants, you have an opportunity to make a difference by taking the following suggested actions:
- Turn off all lighting not necessary for safety or productivity.
- Use natural lighting and supplement it with task lighting if at all possible.
- Turn off office equipment, computers, printers and other electrical equipment that is not required for your productivity.
- Consider using a central copier, and turn off infrequently used copiers for the remainder of the day.
- Turn off coffeemakers when not in use.
We appreciate your cooperation and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Thank you for your continued support.